Date Syrup Recipe | Whole Food Plant Based
Nov 16, 2018
Have you had Date Syrup? No, not the filtered one that are available in stores, but freshly made at home. Rich and delicious, this fruit-based sweetener is perfect for all kinds of desserts.
In addition to making the dish sweet, it also makes it super rich and mouth-watering. In fact, make date syrup and pop it in the fridge, after a few hours, take it out and eat it plain. Yummmmmmyy!
100% Date Syrup nice cream! :)
Date Syrup Recipe
Course: Fundamental Recipes
Cuisine: American, Indian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Passive Time: 5 hours
Servings: 1 cup
- 3/4 cup Seedless / Pitted Dates
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Soak seedless / pitted dates overnight or at least for 5 hours.
- Grind soaked dates to a smooth paste and squeeze lemon into it.
- Use fresh, homemade date syrup for all your beverages, sweets and desserts, instead of sugar, honey or jaggery. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Science Highlights for WFPB Date Syrup Recipe
- Why not honey, sugar or jaggery? Sugar and Jaggery are processed foods. Although jaggery is healthier than brown sugar, which, in turn, is healthier than white sugar, all forms of processed foods are unhealthy when compared to whole plant foods. Honey is healthwise as good as jaggery, which isn't saying much. In addition to not being very healthy, honey production kills millions of bees every year, affecting our environment adversely. The best sweetener alternative is a whole fruit or dry fruit. The easiest method of using these is date syrup, as it does not involve peeling or chopping.
BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW
Healing With Food Masterclass
A Life-transforming one-day masterclass on how scientifically proven ancient Indian cooking secrets hold the key to preventing, and even reversing, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and other diseases, through a Whole Food Plant Based diet. 6 hours of discovering Nutrition Science + 2 hours of Hands-on Plant Based Chef Training, along with a three-course lunch.
Early Bird discount of Rs. 200 for first 15 participants PLUS additional Rs. 400+ off on booking two seats or more.
100% Whole Food Plant Based, 100% Vegan & 100% Organic.