Cheezy Popcorn Recipe | How to Make Popcorn with Popcorn Machine | Whole Food Plant Based Recipe
Dec 30, 2018
Cheesy Popcorn Recipe for movie night!
Whole Food Plant Based Cheezy Popcorn Recipe
Cuisine: American Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
Air Popped Popcorn Maker Machine
1 tbsp Corn Kernels dried
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Powder
- Pour a few tsp of dried corn kernels into the air popped popcorn maker machine and turn it on. Within a minute or two, the corn will pop and popcorn is ready. Transfer to a large vessel for mixing.
- Using a spray bottle, spray apple cider vinegar to evenly coat popcorn.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast powder and toss.
- Serve fresh for popcorn movie time!
Nutrition Science Highlights for WFPB Cheesy Popcorn Recipe
- Why not frying? Oil is a processed food, even if it is cold pressed oil. In whole nuts, the calories from the oil are balanced out with the fiber and nutrients in the nut. For example, peanuts are healthier than peanut oil, sesame seeds are healthier than sesame oil. Hence, a healthy diet excludes oil and includes whole nuts. We can easily achieve a 'fried' effect of different recipes by baking or air frying the same dishes instead, like this one!
- Why not dairy? Most cheesy popcorn recipes online call for butter or milk powder to be added to popcorn. Dairy products have been found to be associated with increased risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, obesity, asthma, PCOS, and heart disease. We can still enjoy our milk, cream, and butter though - as long as they are made from whole plant foods!
BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW
Healing With Food Masterclass
A Life-transforming one-day masterclass on how scientifically proven ancient Indian cooking secrets hold the key to preventing, and even reversing, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and other diseases, through a Whole Food Plant Based diet. 6 hours of discovering Nutrition Science + 2 hours of Hands-on Plant Based Chef Training, along with a three-course lunch.
Early Bird discount of Rs. 200 for first 15 participants PLUS additional Rs. 400+ off on booking two seats or more.
100% Whole Food Plant Based, 100% Vegan & 100% Organic.